Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Song266_Home

Today's song completes another week of recording! The newest album, Week38_Connection Status: Nearly Active, will be available for sale later today at: www.anewsongeveryday.com (only $5 for 7 songs plus the album artwork).

The foundation of today's song is comprised of strings, a variety of synth sounds, and the occasional random sound-effect (no percussion today). I added the bass guitar part near the end of my session, and I really like the (repeating) pattern...a combination of staccato notes, sliding notes, and walking progressions. There are about 17-20 tracks in this recording. I finished work around 1300, recorded for 2 hrs, then had another work meeting. I was able to complete and upload this song by 1800, so it took me (about) a total of 4 hrs to write and record.

The artwork for this week's album cover has a unique story behind it. The photo/design looks (to me) like the docking station for an underwater colony. It's actually a photo that my wife took this past week while we were at the MUSE concert. This photo (taken during their performance) is an upside-down view of the ceiling at the Fort Worth Convention Center (in downtown Ft. Worth, TX). I cropped it, flipped it upside-down, and then Carly added the titles and adjusted the color and contrast. I like it, and I think it's very fitting for the mood of this week's music...and that's always the goal.

There are now less than 100 days remaining in this project! Next week will begin a new album, but I'm still working out the details. I got some good feedback about Week #38, so the music might be a continuation of this past week's style. Stay tuned...

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment