Monday, March 29, 2010

Song272_At This Distance

This song was fun to create. I approached it, at first, as a technical/editing challenge. I created and arranged 5 different rhythms, then wrote the bass guitar progressions (such as: C-F, Em-F-C-G, and C-Em-Am-Em). Next, I wrote and recorded the main (clean/strumming) guitar, which plays throughout the entire song. Next, I added distorted guitar (in 2 main sections), e-bow guitar, 2 additional electric guitars (picking solos), and 4-5 synth sounds (from random effects to vibrato string sections). I like the ups and downs of this song, and I think this would be fun to perform with a full band (if only to watch the drummer play the last part of the song).

Tomorrow's song will be the final song on this album (Week39_Life-Sized Kids).

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment