Friday, March 26, 2010

Song269_Stampede

Today's song is unique, and appropriately named. It randomly changes direction (and keys), but it does so all together. It turned out to be 12 (or so) tracks, but the 4 stampeding guitar tracks sit on top of the mix. The structure consists of 3 main sections, but all of the guitar parts are different in each section (even the ones that repeat the same chord progression). I added a synth vocal choir in the background to smooth the rough edges, but the bass and drums drive this song.

I started writing this song after work today (around 1500), but I ran into a few software glitches around 1700, and I wasn't able to continue this song again until 2200. I stopped working on the song around 2320, got the mix right on the first try, and got it uploaded around 2335. Close call, but I learned a few things from this experience. To fix the software issue I had to dive into some manuals and open some windows that I hadn't opened before. Throughout the process of identifying the problem I was able to customize my sessions in a way that will save time in the future. I like learning experiences, but I prefer to learn technical lessons when the clock is not running.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment