Thursday, March 18, 2010

Song261_First Day of the Future

I could go all day on songs like this...the possibilities are endless. There is never the 'perfect' sound. Instead, there are unique ways to make almost any sound work (with the right placement and editing). At some point it just becomes about making decisions and moving forward. It's pointless to predict the final product since it evolves as it's being created...track by track. I only spent about 3 hours writing and recording this song, and (fortunately) I got the mix right on the first try. I thought about adding more, but this quick session will give my aching wrist time to relax, and it will give me a chance to get caught up on work (I'm building a few websites for others).

I started this song by layering a few drum and synth sequences (similar to yesterday's song). There are three electric guitars in this song (2 picking solo notes, 1 using controlled feedback via E-bow). The majority of this song revolves around drums and bass, and the 'icing' is comprised of about 3-5 synth tracks. (There are only about 10 tracks total).

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment