Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Song253_Controller

Today's song begins a new album, Week37_Controller. This week's goal is simple...create driving, repetitious, melodic chunks of sound.

I like how this song starts with a 'bang,' but then continues to get louder as new instruments are added (one every 8 measures). The melody for this song came to me last night. (I sang it into my digital voice-recorder so I wouldn't forget). Since I already had the idea in my head I was able to complete this entire song in 3 hours. A few of the tracks (e-bow and vocals) were even recorded in one take each. This song contains: bass guitar, kick drum, acoustic guitar, distorted guitar, e-bow guitar solo, electric guitar picking, one keyboard sequence, and a keyboard that sounds like amplifier feedback. Oh, and there are some vocals too...

LYRICS: "Hey. Oh."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment