Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Song183_Luck's Ballistics

This song begins a new album, Week27_Last Minute Driver. The FREE month of music begins in a few days, but I will be including today's song and tomorrow's song too (since they are part of the newest album). The guitar progression used in this song was written years ago, but I never found anything practical to do with it. (Opening= D-G-Bm-A, then A#-D-F#-G-A#, then A-C#-D). I've used sections of this song before, but this is the closest I've come to using the entire idea. I wanted this week to have a 'techno feel,' and although I used some 'techno' elements it still comes across much differently than previous attempts (such as: Week15_Reverent Awe). I recorded the strumming electric guitar first, then the other electric guitar (picking various melodies), and then I added bass guitar. The rhythm section is a few separate loops combined with cymbals and tambourine. Additionally, there are about 5-6 tracks of synth sounds.

LYRICS: "Take a breath. Make it slow. Simmer down, then wait for more. Sullen. Caught unprepared. Fast like a missile from surface to air. Shaken. Lost in a stare. Luck's odd ballistics put a part in your hair."

Today, being the first day of the second half of this project, feels like New Year's Day. It's only December 30th, so a few days from now the New Year will probably seem 'old hat.' My internal clock was more accurate before the surgery. I guess my prosthetic head has a mind of its own.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment