Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Song182_Reservoir (6 MONTHS COMPLETE!)

Today's instrumental completes another album and another week of recording. As of today, I have successfully completed 6 months of consecutive recording! I'm counting the first half of this project as warm-up, and I'm hoping (and planning) for an even more productive second half. I recently narrowed down some of the best album titles, weekly concepts, etc, and I've made a broad map of what I'd like to accomplish from here. Also, I'm hoping to push the limits during January (since all music will be FREE to everyone on the Mailing List). I had a few weeks that felt like this project would never end. Now I'm realizing that it will end someday (sadly), so I'd better stay focused, make the most of each song, and finish the year strong.

Brandon Steach came over to help with today's song. We went for a run, discussed ideas, then started this session with an electric guitar picking a simple progression. Brandon recorded this track, I added bass guitar, and then I added the other electric (picking) guitars. We wanted to keep this song simple, so we added a few additional synth sounds, and that was all it needed.

I was able to add a new MP3 player to the website last night, and it really helps. http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/FREE/Free.html

The newest album will be posted within a few hours at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment