Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Song161_Remind Me

Wow, new strings can make a huge difference in how a guitar sounds, how well it plays, and how well it stays in tune. This isn't a new revelation, but I hadn't realized just how bad the old ones were until I changed them. I've been changing the strings on every guitar once/month, but I'm a few weeks behind, and keeping them in-the-open (i.e. out on stands) takes a toll.

Anyway, the new strings inspired some random strumming patterns and unique chord changes. In fact, the foundational guitar track was all recorded spontaneously in one take (which was originally about 5 minutes...edited down to 3). I highlighted certain sections and arranged them in an unpredictable way, with one of the sections only appearing once.

This song completes another album...available soon at www.anewsongeveryday.com. I like that the "Meet Myselves" album doesn't have any words in it...all 7 songs are instrumentals.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment