Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Song154_So Close

I like the way this instrumental ends the newest album, Week22_Personal Space Invader. It's introspective, peaceful, and hopeful. I wrote this song on the electric guitar. It's two sets of progressions, each with odd chord formations involving: C#-C (repeated), and then F-B-C (repeated). The effects on this guitar make the progression (reverb, delay, compression, etc). I found a very simple drum rhythm that I looped, and then I found a very simple bass line to enforce the foundation. I faded a string section into the background and let the solo guitar take center stage. This is a pretty simplistic song, but it's filling.

I'm already feeling much better today. I'm thankful for steroids (not the 'baseball' kind of steroids) and antibiotics.

Today is December 1st, which means that I've completed 5 months of this project...154 consecutive (original) songs! Thanks for your support so far!

The new album will be available at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/ within a few hours.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment