Thursday, December 3, 2009

Song156_Meet Myselves

Once again, I layered a group of rhythms into the session before experimenting with ideas on the electric guitar. I found a few rhythms and chords that worked with the beat, so I recorded these parts before adding the synth bass. There are a variety of samples, synths, and sequences that were easy to add, and I like all of the unique sounds. The challenging part was fitting these sounds into the right places, editing them for dramatic effect, panning them creatively so your ears are entertained separately (at the same time), etc. I like the movement, energy, evolution, and repetition of this style of music.

I started working on a new video idea today, but it won't be posted until tomorrow. This is the first time I have experimented with reverse time-lapse.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment