Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Song175_The One

I wrote today's song on the piano, which isn't typical. I chose a simple progression, recorded it to the 'click' (134bpm), and then I added bass guitar. I chose a simple/upbeat rhythm (67bpm), and the rest fell into place quickly: cymbals, bells, an electric guitar, a string section, a flute, and a violin.

Today's instrumental completes another album and another week of recording. I'm glad today's song went smoothly because I still have 2-3 hrs of tasks to wrap up this week (complete the album artwork, add a new "Albums" page to the website, upload files to Payloadz, create new links, upload free MP3's, create and send email to Mailing List, backup hard drives, etc). The newest album should be available online by 8pm.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment