Saturday, December 19, 2009

Song172_Following A Star

I finally got started on today's song around 7pm, but I had a plan...sort of. The plan was to record an electric guitar picking a few simple chord progressions, record the bass guitar, then record two additional guitars picking separate melodies that accompany those chords, and then delete the original guitar. (Chords: G-Bm-C-D, then Em-C-D) This formula was a quick and effective way to achieve the sound that I wanted. I added 4 additional tracks: a string section, a choir section, a violin, and a flute. This entire song came together in just over an hour.

I was always intrigued by the Bible story of the 3 wise men traveling to see Jesus. Their directions were vague, and they were given just enough information to test their desire. Or, maybe their directions (i.e. "follow the star") were given in case one of them became a traitor and tried to sell the information to Herod. (Even with the title "Wise Man" no one would've believed those directions were real, right?) But, once those men gathered their gifts and set out walking in the right direction I doubt they ever got discouraged or lost. If I had a time machine, then I'm not sure I could choose only one event to go back and witness, but this one would be high on the list.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment