Thursday, December 24, 2009

Song177_Blindfolded

I barely got this song completed...it's 23:35 on Christmas eve. This one turned out differently than anticipated, but I saw it coming and chose not to turn back. I wrote this song by layering and sequencing various percussion sounds, and these beats inspired the rhythm guitar that appears in the second half of the song. The rhythms are upbeat and electronic, so the bass guitar was fun to create. With a solid foundation in place it was all about editing and layering. I added a tambourine, an organ, a vocal choir, a violin, 3 electric guitars, and a few other instruments. Once again, today's lyrics were sent to me by Jason Houp. I ran short on time today, so his full page of lyrics got condensed into a few lines.

LYRICS: "Well the rains came down and the wind blew in. I'm wishin' that I wasn't here again."

PS: I had an idea last night that I might pursue: record one song...7 days in a row...in 7 completely different ways. I'll use the same chords and lyrics, but I'll vary the tempo, instruments, and genre. That could be interesting.

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment