Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Song168_Simple Days of Jousting

Today's instrumental completes another week of recording! This song had percussion (drums, tambourines, cymbals, etc) until right before the final mix...glad I 'muted' those tracks because this song didn't need them. I wrote this song on electric guitar...recorded the first track of picking to 80bpm (C-Em-F-G), and then I built around that part: bass guitar, then strings, then additional electric guitars, a flute, and then a few extra synth/choir sounds.

This week's album design is a pencil drawing that I did yesterday. I had the idea in my mind before I started drawing, but it still took about 3 hours. I don't use erasers, but I did clean it up slightly after scanning it. I gave the cropped and edited JPEG to Carly and she added some great final effects (color, etc).

Available soon: Week24_Simple Days of Jousting (www.anewsongeveryday.com)

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment