Monday, December 14, 2009

Song167_This Is The Time

I started today's song with a drum rhythm and a simple (synth) bass part. The lyrics for this song came to me last night, so I recorded a 'scratch' version of the melody before adding the remaining instruments. I had an idea of what instruments I'd use, but having the vocals in place helped with these decisions. I figured this single statement stood on its own...no need to elaborate on this thought, and then I purposefully chose simple melodies on the guitar and keys (so the vocals wouldn't get lost in the music). The final version of this song has about 12-14 tracks.

LYRICS: "This is the time to live in the moment. You'll never get this time back again. Never again."

I got an early start on writting today's song, so it's nice to be done before lunch. I have an idea for this week's album artwork, so I'll work on that drawing for 1-2 hours, then I have other work to do (the kind that pays). Another busy, rewarding day.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment