Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Song155_Tastes Like Bomb

I layered a series of drum rhythms before working out the rest of today's song on the electric guitar. The drums set the beat and the mood, and they also dictated the style of strumming as well as the other synth sounds that I used. For the bass guitar track I opted to use a synth bass (played on the keyboard). There are two main sections to this song (both repeat once). The first one is just variations of a 'B' chord, and the second progression is F#-A-G#.

I'm going to keep this new week of music upbeat, rhythmic, electronic, etc. I didn't sing today because my throat is still healing, but there will be vocals again in a few days. This week (Week 23) will be titled, Meet Myselves.

ODD MATTHEW FACT: I have been cutting my own hair for almost 15 years. After tonight's trim I estimate a savings of $4,400 ($25/mo x 12/mo=$300/yr)($300/yr x 15/yr=$4,500)($4,500-$100 for 2 sets of clippers=$4,400).

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment