Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Summary of Week 1

I am taking a quick break...still need to mix today's song. In about 1-2 more hours I will have completed the first full week of recording! I should have the first album (Network's Unseen Pilots) uploaded by tomorrow. Also, I will be sending out the first FREE song to everyone in an email later tonight.

The first week was a good learning experience. I feel like I've worked out most of the equipment issues, and I'm starting to hone in on a daily process. I've realized that the recording sessions are much smoother when I have planned adequately the night before. I woke up today without any sort of plan, and it cost me some time.

Today's song, "It's On," started with a very distorted punk-like guitar progression, but I gave it a rock-and-roll hairdo and a pair of techno pants. It evolved into something strange. The lyrics of this song are simple/funny..."I went to a party just to be seen, Put on a suede suite and wore my new sneakers, baby. The party was full of people waiting to be seen. But when I started dancing, they started leaving."

I was originally going to title this song "Iron My Punk Shirt!" (on behalf of the modern "bubble-gum punk" bands), but I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

More tomorrow...

-OTTO

1 comment:

  1. yay! i got the first newsletter and really enjoyed my free song. Andrew and I are totally impressed, not to mention inspired by your creative commitment. keep on keeping on! -joy

    ReplyDelete