Sunday, July 26, 2009

Song026_Where Did You Go

I got this song uploaded at 11:27 in the PM, but I'm pleased with the effort. I started around 5:30pm, and I only had an idea for the "feel" of the song. I layed down some drum loops, added an organ, then I spent about an hour writing lyrics and a melody. The rest was simple to fill in (strings, slide guitar, delayed picking guitar), and these ingredients made the meal I was hoping for. Sadness with rhythm.

LYRICS: "In the silence that comes at the end of each day...just before the midnight hour that takes the day away. I need a place to hide, some darkness and some quiet. The edge is rusted dull. The cut is too deep to hide. This sadness, served with rhythm, this vacant home. Has left me cold and empty. Where did you go?"

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment