Saturday, July 11, 2009

Song011_Sink Phase

I enjoyed created today's song. I wrote it early this morning before Brandon and I went for a long bike ride, and I enjoy the mellow intent groove. I sometimes layer too many instruments, and this one was close. The guitars blast and have heavy reverb, but I was able to pan everything into its own space...I don't think anything got masked. Also, I think this is one of my better attempts at mixing and mastering.

The title, "Sink Phase," is in reference to a sensation experienced during Freediving. I've never actually done this, but look it up online if you're interested. These adventurers push the human body to incredible extremes. Anyway, a Freediver swims unassisted (no air tanks) and goes as deep and as long as possible underwater on a single breathe. When they first begin their descent they have to kick and contort their body like a fish (head first towards the ocean floor). Once they've gained enough momentum the force carries them effortlessly for a period of time. Some divers say its like freefalling into deep space.

The lyrics were last-minute, but they fit the mood..."I'm bleeding out from the inside. I am dying just to feel alive. I've thought it over, and eventually push comes to shove. I never saw it coming, now I'm upside-down in love."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment