Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Song022_Mazes

I'm finding it a challenge to write lyrics and a vocal melody every day, but unless a song is specifically structured to be an instrumental the lack of vocals will create noticeable voids. Vocals are obviously the easiest focal point for a listener, so the message and the melody are critical. I've been writing as I record during this project, so some of these things are "first takes" that could be improved upon. However, if I continue experimenting with lyrics/vocals then they should improve with time like everything else, right? This song, Song022_Mazes, it the title track on the upcoming album. My mom would like this one. It's got hints of Neil Young's acoustic sound...simple guitars with character. I like the Grand Piano sound, and it's nice having a full keyboard to pound on. I'm going to follow this direction for the next week.

"The path within the mazes...battling lines that often change. The odds aren't in our favor...only the right way isn't a dead end."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment