Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Starting a New Week (Song 8)

It was a long day yesterday, but everything pertaining to work and this music project was finally completed. I am fairly organized, so I have created check-lists for my daily, weekly and monthly tasks (for 'A New Song Every Day'). Finishing the first full week of recording meant taking care of a hand-full of website/marketing chores. The machine is running smoothly, but I'm still working out a few of the kinks. I'll outline my responsibilities below...

DAILY: format and activate live broadcast
DAILY: write and record an original song
DAILY: blog / twitter updates
DAILY: mix, master and upload the new song of the day
DAILY: gather materials and ideas for the next day's song
WEEKLY: new album concept (title, artwork, etc)
WEEKLY: add a new album to the online sales page
WEEKLY: archive/backup all computers (PC/Mac)
WEEKLY: create/send FREE song-of-the-week email (thanks for doing this one, Carly!)
WEEKLY: update website with new content from previous week
MONTHLY: download and evaluate site statistics (video viewers, site visitors, etc)

Today's song, "Foreign Tongues," represents the first song on the new (upcoming) album. This idea actually evolved from two ideas that I crammed into one song (I've always liked doing that). I wrote the lyrics today, "I would say the words you want to hear if I knew your language, dear." Also, I realized during today's recording that playing timpani drums in a symphony would be fun! Granted, some songs could be boring and require little participation from that section, but when they play it's always dramatic. The pair of mallets that I bought recently have become a favorite toy.

The next album is titled, "Offense/Defense" and I should have the artwork posted on my site later tonight. The first album was mostly driven by the rhythm section, so this album will be centered around acoustic guitars.

Thanks for listening...

-OTTO

No comments:

Post a Comment