Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Song015_Day of Launch

I got the album for Week 02 uploaded last night. It's now available for sale ($5). I just finished the first song on this next album ("Gravity is on Your Side"). This song, "Song015_Day of Launch" is mostly spontaneous. There's a section that plays an open 'A' then slides up and down (B, D, F, G). I made that part up during a soundcheck while rehearsing with the full band (2003?). Today's idea started with those 4 measures, then I added a simple 'E,D,A' change for the verse which made it a complete song. The analog bass was fun to play (I like sliding notes and alternating from high to low on the fretboard). The distorted guitar (and 1-2 keyboard parts) make for great "filling," and the overlay of 2-3 electric (solo) guitars were the inspiration for the singing melody (which is why they match in certain places). The lyrics came to me all at once...simple, but I like them.

-Matthew

1 comment:

  1. Hey Matthew! I just listened to my first free song, and it was this one "Day of Launch" and I really liked it! You are very talented and it seems like it'd be a lot of work to do a song a day!! But you're making it sound GREAT!! Keep up the good work! I'll be listening to more soon!

    ReplyDelete