Thursday, October 29, 2009

Song121_All You Ever Wanted

I started today's song by recording some electric guitar rhythms. I like the chords used in this song...just unique variations of the chords 'A, G, and D.' I didn't have a particular sound in mind when I started. This song is mostly the product of layering (with pre-sets selected and parts written on-the-go). The lyrics and vocals were done quickly. I only sang each part three times, and I used the best two takes for the final mix (each vocal part was doubled, panned, and effected for a natural stereo effect). I wrote the lyrics after pondering an article I read about a popular country singer.

LYRICS: "You came along like a hurricane, and wrote the perfect song. (You) made it like a sing-a-long that spreads like fire. You're like a kid, but millions can't be wrong. You wrote the perfect song, and (you) sang it like a sing-a-long. And it spread like fire. All you ever wanted was money and attention. But you used your riches and fame to buy yourself seclusion."

On a very different topic...my brother (Ryan) got to meet KISS last night in Nashville, TN. A good friend of his has been a fan for many years, and he purchased the special package that allows you to meet the entire band (along with 23 others) in a room backstage just before their show. Ryan wore his 'OTTO' shirt and had his picture taken with the entire band. I'll post it on my site soon. Regardless of what you think of their music, they are rock-and-roll legends, and Ryan said he enjoyed the experience. When I found out that he was going to meet them I wondered what he was going to say to them. Below were some of my suggestions (I thought they were funny, but I amuse myself easily). He didn't use any of them.

1) Have you guys ever seen Spinal Tap?
2) Can I kill the animal in tonight's show?
3) Which one of you is Ringo?
4) Have you actually met Satan?
5) Can I borrow your costume to impress my girlfriend?

I found out yesterday that Mute Math is playing tonight in Dallas. I got to see them pack an 800 person venue just over a year ago ($12), and this year they're playing a much larger ballroom ($27). They're a solid band...great musicians and great performers. They'll probably play an arena on their next visit ($100?!). Anyway, I've seen them before, but I plan on seeing KISS next week in Dallas for the first time.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment