Monday, October 12, 2009

Song104_Skylines

Today's song is a little different than the others from this week. It still incorporates a variety of synths, but it's much slower and smoother than the others. I started this song with a guitar track (that I cut before the final mix), and then I added bass guitar. I tried to play each section of the song in a different way on the bass guitar...one measure sustaining each quarter note, one measure double-time but sustained, one measure staccato with moments of silence between each note, etc. This helps things to sound different even when the drum rhythm stays the same.

I started recording this song around 6pm, worked on it for 4 hours, and ran out of time. I still need to update the website tonight (so the most recent songs are available), but I feel like I could've continued developing this song...possibly even adding vocals.

I met with Matt Coleman today, and we made the final edits to the video for this project. I hope to have that online tomorrow.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment