Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Song112_Online Sweetheart

This song was structured around the distorted guitar progression (G-A#-A-C-G-A#-A-G#). I added bass guitar next, but then I recorded vocals (instead of adding percussion first). I wrote the lyrics during a 30-minute break, and just tried to have fun with this one. Singing these parts kind of made me laugh, but with other lyrics the melody could be taken seriously. The drums were the last tracks to be added this time.

LYRICS: "Lovers connected. Modern digital wonder. Sweetheart on my monitor. Online sweetheart. An old soul on the comeback in a changed time. Streaming dreams through your land-line. Love is now online. You don't have to ask for your date's father's permission. Just enter your password and specify gender. These are changed times. Love is online."

Today's song completes Week #16, and 7 new songs are now available on the latest album, Atomic Darling. Carly (my wife) designed the album artwork this week. The picture is something she drew a few years ago (it's made up of hundreds of tiny ink dots), then photographed and edited. Nice.

Did I mention the new videos already? Matt Coleman, www.UnblindProductions.com, did a great job filming and editing these videos. I've only had them online for a week, but I've already gotten a great response.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment