Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Song105_Parting Skies

This song, Song105_Parting Skies, completes another album. Week 15 has been an experiment with new instruments and a new genre (sort of). I like the direction this music is going, and I feel like certain things are making more sense. It's getting easier to place and write guitar tracks into the dance rhythms. Also, I've learned to write the bass lines early in the process so that everything else compliments the rhythms and bass. I think I'm getting better at mixing (and EQ'ing) this new sound, and I've already learned new editing techniques (for creating pockets of intensity). There are many ways to build a techno song, but pop/rock songs have more of a direct formula (which can still be altered). I like the freedom of this music...taking any turn at any time, repeating certain sections, playing some section once (and never repeating them), etc. I plan on continuing this pursuit into next week, but I will add vocals into the experiment.

The newest album, Reverent Awe, will be online tonight.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment