Monday, October 26, 2009

Song118_From The Start

I had a simple guitar melody in my head when I woke up, so I started with that (Em-G-D...then C-D-G). I layered a few percussion tracks before recording the bass guitar (that usually helps with timing), and then I took a break to write some lyrics. I decided to write this song for my wife.

LYRICS: "Your eyes alone speak straight to me. Without a sound, one look says everything. Your silhouette plays like an angel's song. Your hair flows down, like a perfect waterfall. I've loved you from the start. For how you make me feel, and for who you are."

I went back and added a few keyboard sounds...a string section, a flute, and a few fuzz synths.

Today is Monday, so tomorrow will complete another week of recording. "Week17_Songs For Monsters" will be available tomorrow evening.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment