Saturday, October 10, 2009

Song102_Control

The past few days have been an interesting learning experience. It's been a challenge trying to learn how to write songs in an unfamiliar genre, but I'm not just trying to copy one certain band or style (that would be easier). I'm trying to take the foundational qualities of dance music and blend them with my favorite type of guitar-based rock. So far some things have worked, and some have not, but I think I'm closer to what I'd like to accomplish this week.

Once again, Brandon was able to help in the studio today. We talked through this idea before starting, and we were able to work out the details on guitars.

Today's song is ready (17:25 CST), but it will not be uploaded for another few hours. I'm incorporating an additional jukebox player into the website (to accommodate more songs), so please be patient.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment