Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Song120_Even Steven

Today's song starts a new album, Week18_Even Steven. I have a few goals (musically) this week that I'm going to focus on. One, I'm going to use more clean, electric guitar strumming. Strumming is one of my specialties (as opposed to lead/solo playing). I've experimented with a variety of strumming speeds and rhythms on the acoustic guitar, so now it's time to focus on the electric rhythms. This will also help from a technical aspect because I'll be forced to find guitar effects and pre-sets that work best for the type of sound I'm hoping to achieve. (Until now, I've mostly focused on creating custom pre-sets within GR3 that fit my distortion and solo needs). Also, I'm going to continue working to create upbeat, interesting percussion sections that build and decrease in intensity throughout the song.

This week's (lyrical) theme is about finding (and maintaining) balance in life. During my Paramedic studies we learned a lot about the bodies amazing ability (and need) to maintain 'homeostasis' (i.e. balance). The body can instantly alter individual processes to compensate for changes in other body systems. Most of that is unconsious, but there are obviously many aspects of life that we must consiously keep in check in order to get the most out of who we are. This collection of songs will be based on this topic.

I hope you enjoy today's song...it's the title track on the next album, Song120_Even Steven.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment