Sunday, October 18, 2009

Song110_Seeing Stars

Brandon came over early today to help me record this instrumental...well, 7am which is early considering I finished yesterday's song at 11:30pm (and went to bed around 1am). We worked until noon, and we got 80% of the song completed. I took a break and came back to it around 5pm...nice to have fresh ears before making final decisions about the mix. This song started with a simple concept, and we recorded the bass guitar, acoustic guitar, and main electric (picking part) within the first hour. Arranging the song, editing, and adding "icing" took some time. The "icing" turned out to be a few extra (picking) guitars, a string section, and a few other ambient synth sounds.

I really like the way the new Fender Strat plays. It is definitely the best playing (electric) guitar I've ever owned.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment