Sunday, October 4, 2009

Song096_Sorting Beliefs

This slow, simple love song sticks to this week's theme...low track count with vocal harmonies. I actually wrote this song with a distorted guitar (recorded to the 'click'), and then added the two electric guitars. It was easy to find melodies to pick on the guitar while the distorted track was playing. The bass guitar changes notes quicker than the original distorted guitar, so I had to delete the distorted guitar track before recording the bass. Next, I added a soft string section and a solo violin. I took a 20 minute break to write some lyrics. I didn't want to use too many words, and I tried to record the main vocal track in a pure, heart-felt manor. Technically, that meant: proper E.Q., proper placement within the stereo-field, the right amount of reverb and compression, etc. Musically, that meant: singing quiet, 'breathy,' and close to the mic. It also helps to sing as though the person you're singing to is right in front of you.

LYRICS: "Holding you close, it's easy to see. What matters most, and why I believe. All that I am belongs to you. Always."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment