Monday, June 28, 2010

Song363_Start at the Ending

I started writing this song around 2100...recording drums (96bpm), then bass guitar, then 3 electric guitars (in that order). Additionally, there are 4 synth tracks. The initial guitar progression is kind of strange...though I guess I should blame that on the bass player (Intro=F#-E-B-A, Center=A-E-D#m-B). The other two guitars don't exactly play the same chords, but it somehow fits...kind of. The dissonance is purposeful, and I like how the melodies work for and against each other at different times. I completed this song at 2300, but I wasn't happy with the levels on the first mix. The second attempt worked much better...done at 2322.

Only 3 days left...

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment