Sunday, June 20, 2010

Song355_The Rise

Today's song is another random instrumental that started with a few electric guitar parts. I chose a key, hit 'record,' and just played for about 4 minutes (124bpm). I touched on all 3 of the major sections of this song within that take, so I honed in on the parts that I liked, and then re-recorded them one-by-one. I added a few drum sequences, and then the bass guitar. I left room for a second electric guitar, but I wanted to get the foundational elements in place first. The second electric guitar (on the opposite side of the stereo-field) is a combination of picking and strumming that compliments the main part. I also added a string section and a synth sequence. I had to 'bounce' this file twice to get the Mastering process right, but I like the end results.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment