Monday, June 7, 2010

Song341_Distraction

This blog site was undergoing some construction all day yesterday, so I was not able to post this information until today (one day late). This is the first time this has happened since I started this project. I hope you didn't think that I gave up, but if you're on the Mailing List you still got this song on the day it was written and recorded (yesterday).

I started this song around 1700. I wrote the main electric guitar part first, and then I added drums and bass guitar. I took a break for dinner, and I finally started writing lyrics around 2230. The lyrics were thrown together quickly (see below). Fortunately, I got the mix that I liked on the first try, and I completed this song around 2320.

LYRICS: "Too many lies. 'Seek and destroy' in action. Candles for eyes. A hollow mess on the inside. Too many times. Not enough speed and traction. Too many lies. The 'seek and destroy' in action. Deep inside, someone turned the switch 'on,' so here we go. Too many times. Driven to distraction. By too many lies. 'Seek and destroy' in action. Deep inside, someone turned the switch 'on,' so here we go."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment