Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Song343_Covered

Today's song completes another album (and another week of recording). The newest album, Week49_Undercover, will be available later tonight at www.anewsongeveryday.com.

Today's instrumental is only 6 tracks (drums, bass guitar, 2 electric guitars, and 2 synth sounds). I started by writing the initial electric guitar progression, which is two main sections (Part 1=Dm-A-A#-C, and Part 2=A#-D#-A-D-G#-C#-G-C).

The artwork for this week's album cover was fun to create. I usually make fun of friends and family when I play in Photoshop, but this time I chose to make fun of myself. My face hasn't appeared on many (any?) of the album covers so far, so it's especially ironic that I appear on this one. The photo is a self-portrait (taken a few nights ago), the background was inserted, and the tattoos were placed on my body one-by-one earlier today. If you know me, then you'll probably think this is funny. I realize that those who don't know me might see this and think that I'm scary and/or crazy, but I think that's kind of funny too.

I enjoyed this past week of creating music. I found a few new guitar tones that I'll be using again, I experimented with some unique chord progressions (and formations), and I overcame some mixing challenges that came up on a few songs.

Only 3 weeks remaining!

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment