Monday, June 7, 2010

Song342_These Eyes

Today's song was created like most of the others this week. I started with the electric guitar (and a 'click' set to 122bpm). Today I actually recorded the 2nd electric guitar and the bass guitar before adding any drums. I took a 30-minute break to eat a few egg rolls and write some lyrics, and then I recorded the vocals (3 separate tracks). I decided not to add any synth sounds to this song...I like the rough edges and the intricacies of the two electric guitars. The final product is only 7 tracks, and it was written and recorded in about 4 hours.

LYRICS: "Perched above a city in ruins. A birds-eye-view of fresh destruction. Tell me how to accept this fate, and still live in the moment. It gets complicated, and I know you hate it. It's more than a reaction. Open your eyes, open your heart. Your broken heart and tainted mind. Qualify for a new start. It gets complicated, and I know you hate it. It's more than a reaction. Open your eyes, open your heart."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment