Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Song344_The Other Side

I took a break last night around 1930, and Carly and I went out to celebrate another successful week of recording (steak and martini's at La Hacienda). Carly put the finishing touches on the album cover when we got back, I uploaded the album at 2320, and I sent out the email at 2355! I've already gotten a handful of responses to the album design for Week #49. The most common response was, "LMAO." I had to look that one up. It means I did good.

Today's song begins a new album, Week50_The Other Side. The melody of this song came to me while the computer was warming up, so I picked up the guitar and found chords to compliment the melody (G-D-Em). The first instrument that I recorded was a synth part that gave the song some structure and mood at the same time. Next, I added the foundational guitar (the 'washy' electric sound that's heavy with reverb and delay), and then I added the bass guitar. There are a variety of percussion sounds: two drum tracks, a stereo mic'ing of cymbal swells, tambourine, and sleigh bells. There are about 18-20 total tracks in this song.

LYRICS: "You will never win if you stop trying. You will never live if you're fearful of dying. I'll see you on the other side. A place beyond space and time."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment