Thursday, June 24, 2010

Song359_Signal Exchange

Today's instrumental was written on the electric guitar. I strummed a simple progression (verse=G-D-C-D, change=Em-D-C) using a guitar effect with lots of reverb and delay. I chose 60bpm, but I recorded most of the tracks to 120bpm...just because there was too much time between 'clicks' at 60bpm (too hard to anticipate changes or keep steady rhythm). Next, I added a simple drum sequence, followed by bass guitar. I also added: 2 additional electric guitars (picking solo notes), cymbal swells, a tambourine, a string section, a choir section, and a solo violin. I spent about 3.5 hours (at various times throughout the day) writing and recording this song.

I've been doing some marketing work for a Christian organization that is starting a live Internet broadcast. They already have a number of authors, speakers, etc that are willing to be guests, but they have asked me to be the very first guest. The first week of shows will be pre-recorded so we can work out any technical issues in private, but then it will move to a live format with a consistent broadcast time the following week. We're recording this coming Monday. I'll post a link when I know when/where it will be shown.

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment