Sunday, November 29, 2009

Song152_Personal Space Invader

I woke up today at 10am feeling worse than I've felt in a long time. I stumbled around the house for about 20 minutes, fed the rabbits, took some vitamins, fell asleep on the couch until 3pm, stumbled around for another 20 minutes, then slept another hour. The fever comes and goes, but I've been coughing too much to even consider singing. This actually worked out well, because I like today's instrumental. I started with a few drum rhythms, and I wrote and structured the chord progressions on an electric guitar. There are 3 sets of chord changes, and each is unique...half-steps, minors, odd chord arrangements, etc. I was a little surprised that they all three fit together (which could be argued), but it's pleasantly unpredictable. From there I added a synth bass track, and the rest was just icing. This entire song took about 4 hours to record (guitar=30min, bass=20min, drums=25min, misc synth=1.25hr, editing/mixing=1hr, format/upload/posting=30).

Time for more medicine and more sleep.

-Matthew
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment