Monday, November 16, 2009

Song139_Crying From Laughter

This song turned out a little strange, but I still like it. I wrote the initial progression on the bass guitar, and then I layered some drums, an electric guitar (a clean sound with reverb and delay), some synth pads, and dueling electric solos (featured during the interludes). I probably should've put more effort into the lyrics. They align with the theme/intent of the song, but the storyline is completely random and can't be taken seriously.

LYRICS: "From the surface everything looks fine. I got a job and a sexy wife. Out searching for the meaning of life, I got drunk, and got a DUI. It's not as bad as it was, so let's call it better. At first I was just crying, now I'm crying from laughter. Thirty gave me a mid-life malfunction. Bought a hooptie from a hip-hop auction. Bleached my suit, but nothing drastic. Friendly psychedelics like Elmo on acid. It's not as bad as it was, so let's call it better. At first I was just crying, now I'm crying from laughter. Bought a morgue, got rich and sad. Only hang with the well-dressed dead. Took work as a seasonal Santa, I make kid's so happy that they pee from excitement. It's not as bad as it was, so let's call it better. At first I was just crying, now I'm crying from laughter."

PS: You've seen chemical cold-packs, right? You break the center barrier, the chemicals mix, and it becomes an emergency ice-pack. Why don't they incorporate that idea into individual canned drinks (soda, beer, juices, etc)? The cans would have to be bigger (probably just taller), and the barrier between the chemicals would have to be broken in a way other than shaking or squeezing (maybe press a button or twist the bottom?). Do you think the ice-chest industry has secretly hindered the development of this product? Or am I just the first to recognize the practicality of putting the two together?

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment