Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Song133_Rewind

Today's idea came from playing electric guitar through a 'washy' pre-set in GR3 (i.e. heavy with reverb, delay, etc). I was prepared to make this song an instrumental, but it was too easy to fit melodies and harmonies to it...so I wrote a few lyrics during lunch. The general theme is about enjoying each phase of life, approaching each moment knowing there are no 're-dos' (to minimize regret), and not being too anxious for the next phase. This isn't the first time I've used this theme, but it's worthy of repeating.

LYRICS: "I wish I could rewind, (and) take us back in time. Take your time. Don't rush life. You can't rewind. There's just one try."

This song completes another album (Week19_Everything's Extra). Carly designed the album cover this week, and I should have it online within the hour.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment