Sunday, November 1, 2009

Song124_The Escape

I started today's song around 5pm, and I had it uploaded by 7:30pm. I wrote the electric guitar (strumming) part with the click playing a steady 100bpm. The chords are just some unique variations of standard chords...one I had never played before, and one that I use often (although typically in a different key). Other instruments in this song are: distorted guitar, drums, bass guitar, synth, and a string section.

Today is Sunday. My recording weeks go from Wednesday to Tuesday. I typically try to create the album artwork on Sunday. This is usually a good day for creative/artistic ideas because I have already created 4-5 songs by this point, but I still have a few days to make changes to the design. A good album is not just a collection of good music. It's a collection of good music that's well titled and packaged. So, I'll probably spend the rest of the evening on the artwork for EVEN STEVEN.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment