Friday, November 27, 2009

Song150_Don't Stop

I took my brother and his family to the airport early today, so I came back and got an early start on writing today's song. I had about 75% of the song completed by 11am. However, I'm getting sick...felt the fever kick-in around 1pm, slept until 7pm, woke up and wrote lyrics, and I completed this song around 10:30pm.

LYRICS: "The time has come to make your bet. Place your money where your mouth is. Don't stop the beat the rhythm's catching up to us. Shake it if you feel it, 'cause time doesn't rewind. You cut through the woods to get ahead, but the shorter path is the longer trip. This is all the time you get. Give some thought to what you do with it. Don't stop the rhythm's catching up to us. Shake it if you feel it, 'cause time doesn't rewind."

My cousin, Sam Reidland, will be joining me in the studio tomorrow. He's a drummer that played in a band during high school, but he hasn't played formally for a while. In effort to create something that he'll enjoy playing along with, I asked him for some examples of what he likes as well as songs that mimic his drumming style. I liked the songs he mentioned, so I'll do my best to create a song tomorrow that suites our needs.

-Matthew
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com
www.anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment