Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Song126_Undone

I tried a few different guitar ideas early today, but I had trouble hearing beyond those parts...wasn't happy with the creative possibilities, so I started from another direction. I found the fuzzy synth sound within a software program that I haven't used much, created the simple (but moving) melody line that appears at the beginning of the song, and I continued from there. There isn't another bass sound in this song...I got what I needed from this synth part. The 2 electric strumming guitars (clean and distorted) are foundational. The 2 solo guitars stand out nicely, and I liked how the two work together (even though the parts are simple). (I especially like how the guitars sound in the "Bridge" section).

This song completes the 7-song album for Week #18. EVEN STEVEN will be available within a few hours. I did an original drawing for this weeks cover, but I'm still making some final adjustments. I wanted something that fit the title, and I think I got it!

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment