Monday, November 23, 2009

Song146_Skywriter

I didn't have any specific ideas before I started today, but the foundation of this song came together quickly. In about 2 hours I wrote and recorded the drums, bass, and 2 electric guitars (in that order). The second half of the song, written after a long lunch break, came a little slower. I recorded cymbals, tambourine, and one additional guitar. I struggled with the topic/lyrics, but once I accomplished that it was fun experimenting with melodies. There are 6 vocal tracks...2 for each section (each part sung twice, then panned and effected differently).

LYRICS: "You only watch PG movies. You cry when I'm sad. You're thoughtful and messy. And you're all mine for the rest of time. Skywriter, sum it all up for her. A simple, "I love you" at 2,000 feet, etched in smoke. You only read romance novels. You dance when you're bored, and pout when you're bothered."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment