Thursday, November 26, 2009

Song149_Pilgrims and Indians

Today's instrumental was written in an order similar to yesterday's song. I found the BPM that I wanted, recorded a scratch drum track, and then I experimented with different (clean) electric guitar parts. I found 3-4 different progressions and rhythms that I liked...recording each one as it came to mind, and then I editing each section before determining the best way to combine them. Once I had the skeleton of this song in place I recorded the bass guitar, a few synths, a variety of guitar picking melodies, and some random percussion (shaker, tambourine,...).

My brother (Ryan), Rick, and I saw Aaron Burton play the blues in Euless last night. I met Aaron in Jr High, and he is a true artist/musician. You can learn more about his music at: http://www.myspace.com/peetiewhitestraw

Today is Thanksgiving, and I wouldn't trade lives with anyone else.

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment