Sunday, August 16, 2009

Song047_Servants in Kings Quarters

This song revolves around a string section and some other keys, but the (sparse) electric guitar is noteworthy...my favorite track in this song. I started this song with a distorted guitar progression (G, Bm, C, D), but I removed this track completely after adding keys. I also deleted the analog bass and opted for synth bass (which I haven't used for a while). The smooth strings and vocal pads made me rethink the original direction of the song. I wrote the lyrics just after recording the first guitar track. The theme is: servant hood, putting others needs above your own, etc. EMS work will remind you of that daily, so will marriage and other things. Most things just work better when approached with humility and a willingness to help others. Most of us understand that perfectly, but we execute it poorly...myself included. "Servants in Kings Quarters" refers to the privileges of life that we didn't earn.

LYRICS: "Objectives change as the view takes focus, but it's never too late to change. We are just servants in kings quarters...just here for others. We have everything though all of it was borrowed. I am focusing on keeping pace, but you've captured my heart, and you hold it in place."

-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment