Thursday, May 27, 2010

Song331_Worldwide

The music for this song was written in about 3 hours. I started by layering some drum rhythms, and then I created the foundational electric guitar part (that opens the song). Next, I added bass guitar, 2 additional electric guitars, and 2 synth tracks. I took a 2-3 hour break so I could get other work done. When I came back I edited, mixed, and then wrote and recorded the vocals. Before writing the lyrics I sang a variety of melodies into a digital voice-recorder (while the song played in the background). This gave me an idea of how many words I needed. The lyrics were written while eating chicken and peas, and a few of the parts I only sang 1-2 times. I completed the final mix around 1800, so I probably spent around 4.5 hours writing and recording today's (12-track) song.

LYRICS: "Where the wind blows, and things grow in silence. Cut it down low. Kill the tree to save the house. Stranded on the edge of time. Base camp is set, traps are baited, we're transmitting worldwide. As wars go on, nothing is won."

-Matthew
http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment