Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Song330_Late Inning Rally

Today's song begins a new album, Week48_Worldwide. I wrote this one on the electric guitar, using a clean/gritty hybrid pre-set (so there's clarity and strength in the notes). Once I decided on a tempo (100bpm) and a chord progression I quickly put some 'scratch' drums in place to assist with the timing of the bass guitar. The initial guitar part inspired a bass line, so I recorded that track before finalizing any drum rhythms (which is somewhat backwards). Next, I added: drums, tambourine, and 2 additional electric guitars. I really like the way the 3 guitars harmonize, so I decided not to add anything else (such as synth/keys) that could potentially mask this feature. At this point I went ahead and edited and mixed the song, took a long break for dinner, and returned around 2130 to create lyrics and melodies. I completed this one in the final hour...2335.

LYRICS: "You were never one for superstitions. You had never thought to save your soul. Here they go again around the bases. Here we go again with the same old same old. Late inning rally uprise under lights. See how the champs were taken by surprise. Don't be mistaken. We can't just take this. Fight till you win it. There's too much on the line."

-Matthew
www.anewsongeveryday.com
matthew@anewsongeveryday.com

No comments:

Post a Comment