Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Song315_Congratulations

Today's song, Song315_Congratulations, completes another album (Week45_Magnification). The newest album will be available later today ($5) at http://www.anewsongeveryday.com/.

I just completed the artwork for this week's album. I decided last week that I'd do some form of freehand artwork for the remaining (8) albums, but I didn't have any specific ideas at that time. This idea came to me a few days ago. In effort to create a relationship between the artwork and this week's title (Magnification), I decided to do an ink drawing of a detailed (yet fictional) bug. The drawing below took about 1-2 hours...no erasers, no drawing or photo to mimick, and no "do-overs." I had borrowed a magnifying glass from Carly's parent's, so I set it up about 4-8 inches above the drawing and took a series of photos...experimenting with the depth-of-focus and the framing of the drawing within the enlarged area. It was fun, and I like the results.



-Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment